Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WB Deal Maker Roundup Creates Up-to-date League Tables

This week I've been researching cross-border M&A transactions. I've found a lot of the information I need using Westlaw Business' Deal Maker Roundups.

I asked Rob Peters, WB Senior Manager for Business Law Research, to give me some background on how the information in the Roundups is gathered. He told me the Roundup search pulls data directly from two WB databases: M&A Transactions and Registrations & Prospectuses.

A Deal Roundup can be assembled for a particular advisor (lawyer, auditor, or underwriter) and further narrowed by transaction type (merger, debt, equity). The Roundup search can also create dynamic league tables.


Search results can be downloaded as a pdf.


WB's databases are updated continuously by specialized content teams. They review filings and press releases as they are issued. So, the Roundup search tool allows the creation of dynamic, up-to-date league tables and advisor reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment